Exploring the twin cities can be expensive, but your student ID can make your adventures a whole lot easier on your wallet. Here is a selection of some of the discounts that you are privy to as a student in the Twin Cities. Whether you want to check out a museum, the orchestra, the movies, new restaurants, even sky diving, there are a variety of student discounts just for you!
- Museums: On Friday evenings after 5pm the Science Museum offers discount admission to students. You can get into the museum for $6, or go to the omnitheater + museum for $12. The Minnesota History Center offers students $9 admission with a valid student ID anytime.
- Live Entertainment: The St. Paul Chamber Orchestra (SPCO) hosts Club2030, a club of people ages 18-39 years old who get $10 best available seats to SPCO Concerts at the Ordway in St. Paul and Ted Mann in Minneapolis. All you have to do is sign up! The Guthrie Theater offers students a $5 discount off of regular price tickets and now you can join Guthrie U to receive student discounts right to your inbox. The Shout House, featuring rock ‘n’ roll dueling pianos, offers College ID Night on Fridays, students can get in with no cover.
- Sports Games: The Minnesota Twins host Rasmussen College Student Day every Wednesday. You can get a standing-room only ticket for $5 with valid Student ID. The Minnesota Wild host a few College Nights throughout their season. On College Nights students can purchase a Lower Level ticket for $35.
- Movies: There are many discount movie theaters in the Twin Cities including: Brookdale 8, Maple Grove Cinema 10, Hopkins Cinema 6, and the Riverview Theater. Also, the St. Anthony Main Theatre offers $6 tickets with student ID.
- Restaurants: The Loring Pasta Bar offers students 25% off with a valid ID, anytime except Friday and Saturday.
- Shopping: If you are shopping be sure to check out J-Crew for a 15% discount and Picky Girl for a 10% discount on Tuesdays.
- Skydiving: If you are looking for a little adventure, you can get a $20 discount on skydiving at Skydive Twin Cities.
- Travel: If you are traveling, check out Student Universe for great deals on flights, hotels and more. Looking for student discounts at your new destination? Check out this article from daily finance.
For more discounts check out yelp. What other student discounts have you found in the Twin Cities?