Exploring the city can be expensive, but your student ID can make your adventures in the city a whole lot easier on your wallet. Here is a selection of some of the discounts that you can get as a student in the Twin Cities. Whether you are looking to check out a museum, the orchestra, the movies, new restaurants, even the gym, there are a variety of student discounts just for you!
- Museums: On Thursday nights the Science Museum offers discount admission to students. Similarly, the Minnesota History Center offers students $9 admission with a valid student ID anytime.
- Live Entertainment: The Twin Cities also offers a rich variety of live entertainment. The Minnesota Orchestra features $12 advance student rush tickets and $15 box office rush tickets on selected performances. The St. Paul Chamber Orchestra (SPCO) hosts Club2030, a club of people ages 18-39 years old who get $10 best available seats to SPCO Concerts at the Ordway in St. Paul and Ted Mann in Minneapolis. The Shout House, featuring rock ‘n’ roll dueling pianos, offers College ID Night on Fridays, students can get in with no cover.
- Movies: There are many discount movie theatres in the Twin Cities including: Brookdale 8, Maple Grove Cinema 10, Hopkins Cinema 6, and the Riverview Theater. Also, the St. Anthony Main Theatre offers $6 tickets with student ID.
- Restaurants: The Loring Pasta Bar offers students 25% off with a valid ID, anytime except Friday and Saturday.
- Shopping: If you are shopping be sure to check out J-Crew for a 15% discount and Picky Girl for a 10% discount on Tuesdays.
- Travel: If you are traveling, check out Student Universe for great deals on flights, hotels and more.
- Fitness: If you are looking for a gym membership with a small price tag check out the YWCA student discount membership.
For more discounts check out yelp. What other student discounts have you found in the Twin Cities?