You want to share some quality one-on-one time with a loved one but it’s getting to be cold outside, what can you do that is both fun and frugal? Here are some great ideas that you can use with a friend, date, or your spouse:
- Get Outside: Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean that you can’t still do something outside. Bundle up and head out on a winter walk/hike, test your balance on ice skates, explore the snowy terrain on cross country skis or sled down the nearest hill. Don’t forget to end the date with a nice hot cup of cocoa!
- Go Local: Support your community and enjoy a fun night out. Check out a local art show or theater production, support a local school by attending a play or musical or evaluate local talent at an Open Mic night.
- Movie Night 2.0: Instead of just putting in a movie, why not enjoy a book together? Grab an engaging mystery, steamy romance, or even a favorite children’s book and take turns reading aloud. If you are feeling adventurous, use voices!
- Do-It-Yourself: Use the opportunity to stay inside to build something together like a bookshelf or coffee table, reorganize a room, or repaint your walls. It’s a lot more fun when you have someone to help you.
- Cooking Contest: If you like all of those cooking TV challenges this is your chance to create your own. See who can make the most creative and tasty dessert using only what you have on hand. Or, pick up some grocery store items and see who can make the most creative, cheap dinner.
- Tasty Gifts: Hone your cooking skills and cross a few people off of your Christmas list by making treats together for your friends. This site has different recipes that you can use to make gifts that are under $3/serving.
- Take a Tour: Tour a Winery or a Brewery during one of their free days. Local Wine Events has a list of a variety of Twin Cities wine events, including some free events. Many local breweries offer free tour and tasting events.
- Flashback to Your Childhood: Put on some of your favorite childhood music, make some fun and cheap kids food like Mac and Cheese, and watch one of your favorite teen movies.
What is your favorite winter date that you have been on? What winter date idea are you hoping to try out this winter?