Whether you just finished finals or you just need a break from work, here are some suggestions for how to treat yourself and relax without breaking the bank:
- Indulge Yourself: Cook your favorite dinner or bake yourself some goodies. Order takeout from one of your favorite restaurants or pick up dessert from your favorite bakery. Order your favorite specialty drink from a coffee shop. Choose one item to splurge on and indulge yourself in your special treat!
- Pamper Yourself: Light some candles, add some scented oil and take a bath. Pamper yourself with a “homemade spa day” paint your nails and give yourself a facial. Check out these simple, homemade facial recipes!
- Spend Time with Friends: Call up an old friend or invite a friend over for dinner. Have a good, long conversation without worrying about all of the other things that you have to do.
- Get Outside: The weather is finally warming up. Relax at a local park. Go hiking, walking, swimming or biking and enjoy the fresh air!
- Check the Deals: Check out the living social, groupon, and amazon local deals in your area. They have great deals on restaurants, activities, and spa treatments!
- Watch A Movie: Go see a discounted movie. There are many discount movie theaters in the Twin Cities including: Brookdale 8, Maple Grove Cinema 10, Hopkins Cinema 6, and the Riverview Theater. Also, the St. Anthony Main Theatre offers $6 tickets with student ID. Or, have a movie marathon at home by borrowing movies from a friend or getting them from redbox.
- Catch up on your shows: Catch up on your favorite shows! Hulu Plus and Netflix have free trial offers that let you use their services for a short period of time, just make sure to cancel them before you get charged.
- Explore Your City: Check out a neighborhood, museum, or park in your city that you have never been to before. Use your student discounts!
- Sleep: Sleep in without an alarm. Take a nap! Extra sleep can be so restful.
- Exercise: Take some time to go workout at the gym, do yoga or pilates! This is a great stress reliever, your body will thank you.
- Guilty Pleasure Reading: Indulge in some a guilty pleasure reading: gossip magazines, cheesy romance novels, or whatever your pleasure. Read for fun!
- Clean: Believe it or not organizing and cleaning can be very relaxing and fulfilling.
- Get Creative: Let your creative juices flow: draw, sketch, paint, knit, take photos, do some scrapbooking!
- Dance: Turn up the music and dance around the house!
Join the Conversation: What are your favorite frugal ways to treat yourself?