Are you dreading being invited to multiple weddings because you are worried about breaking the bank? Are you looking for an inexpensive gift to bring to a wedding that won’t make you look cheap? Don’t fear! Here are some wedding gift ideas that are both frugal and thoughtful:
- Scrapbook: Create book of the couple’s favorite pictures together, relationship advice from family/friends, favorite recipes, or wedding pictures from close family/friends. Depending on your level of craftiness, you could create this yourself or use an online template like Snapfish.
- Frame It: Put the couple’s wedding invitation, favorite picture, poem, or quote in a nice frame for the couple to hang in their home.
- Experiences: Most of the gifts that the couple will receive will be gifts for their home, why not give them the gift of an experience? Here are a few ideas: concert tickets, one-year art museum or zoo membership, one-year national/state park passes, wine tasting vouchers, Netflix subscription, or a spa package.
- Utensil Bouquet: Look at the couple’s wedding registry early and create a bouquet of all of the kitchen utensils (big spoons, whisks, spatulas, etc.) that they have on their list and wrap your bouquet together with a nice ribbon
- Significance: Gift the couple a Christmas ornament with their wedding date on it or a watercolor picture from a significant spot for their relationship. Etsy has many good ideas for significant wedding gifts that are reasonably priced.
- Better Together: Get some friends together and invest in a large gift like a Kitchen Aid Mixer, large camping tent, or a set of nice dishes.
- Gift Basket: Pack a picnic basket for the couple (cutting board, cheese knife, wine glasses, bottle opener, plates, utensils, etc.). Find a storage container, like a laundry basket, and fill it with house essentials (Kleenex, toothbrushes, toothpaste, household cleaners, etc.) Create a home date night kit (DVD, popcorn, candy, wine, etc.) or a honeymoon basket (bottle of wine/champagne and chocolates).
For more frugal, crafty, wedding gift ideas check out this article. Happy wedding gifting!
Join the Conversation: What is your favorite frugal, thoughtful, wedding gift that you have ever given or received?