It’s not too late to get outside, see the leaves change and savor the last few moments of this colorful season.
- Visit a Park or Lake: Take a walk around one of the many local lakes, go for a hike in a park or bike around on the trails.
- Camping: Fall is the perfect season for camping and sitting around a campfire. If you’re not quite ready to spend a weekend in a tent why not enjoy the crisp fall air with a bonfire, some smores and hot cider?
- Apple Picking: Grab some friends, go out to an apple orchard and enjoy this fun, fall tradition. If you want some fun and creative apple recipe ideas check out this link.
- Outdoor Attractions: Visit the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chaska- Free on Thursdays all day (November-March) and every third Thursday after 4:30pm (April-October). Say a last goodbye to the animals at the Como Zoo before they hibernate. Check out the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden and if you get chilly head inside to the Walker Art Center– Free on Thursday night.
- Relive Your Childhood: Rake some leaves and jump in the pile. Go for a walk with a friend and collect some colorful leaves to press.
- Pumpkin Patch: Go to a pumpkin patch and find some pumpkins to decorate
- Take Pictures: It’s the perfect time to take some photos outside with friends or family. Who knows . . . you might even find one good enough for the Christmas card!
- Study Outside: Savor the last few moments of fall by taking your reading or writing outside to study amongst the falling leaves.
- Farmer’s Markets: Many of these markets are soon to be coming an end for the year, don’t miss your opportunity to get some fall fresh fruits and veggies.
- Frisbee Golf: Explore the Twin Cities with a fun game of Frisbee Golf.